Between this past Friday and Saturday, I think my life is officially complete. What, with being Freshly Pressed on Friday, and then being nominated for the Liebster Award on Saturday, I can say that this shaping up to be one incredibly fabulous weekend.
Firstly, I’d like to give a BIG thanks to Simple Lady, who, for some insane reason thinks my poems show some promise. I’ve found her poetry to be very meaningful and beautiful and she also has a plethora of blogs on different topics, ranging from poetry to family history, all of which serve for some interesting reads.
To get to all her blogs:
I will quote from her blog about the Liebster Award, that she in turn quoted from her nominator:
The Liebster Award is very unique in the fact it brings recognition to the smaller blogs of the ‘verse. With that in mind, all of the nominated blogs will have under 200 followers.
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo.
5. No tag back thingys.
- An Outreach Situation
- God’s Only Toys
- The Frayed Ends of Insanity
- Pens, Paper, & Peace
- I’ll Get You My Pretty
- Rhyme N Review
- Krishna Bala Shenoi
- Mute Expressions
Questions I had to answer:
- What makes you want to write/blog?
I love to write, and have posted on some other websites (Figment and Fanstory), which were great, but I felt somewhat limited in it. Here, I can share my poetry, which is my main focus, as well as the odd book review and photograph here and there.
- What time of day is your time to write?
Night. Generally speaking. But I’m not averse to weekend morning either, when for whatever horrible reason, I end up waking up early without even trying.
- What is your favorite drink?
Thums Up (Indian soft drink, similar to Coke)
- What is your least favorite topic – what are you tired of hearing about?
… don’t think I have one…
- What is your favorite restaurant?
Uh… way too many name.
- When you close your eyes to sleep, what thoughts help you drift off?
If I’m consciously thinking, I have a pretty hard time falling asleep. I have a “sleep” playlist on my iPod that I always play.
- If you had to spend a day walking would you prefer in a city, on a beach, seaside, country field, secluded forest or other?
City. There’s so much to see, and people-watching is always fun.
- What is your favorite book/movie?
It’s hard to pick just one, but one of the ones on my top ten currently is The Assassin’s Song by M.G. Vassanji
- Are you a confident writer?
No… there have been very few times when I’m truly satisfied with something I’ve written.
- What topics would you like to see blogged about?
Human Trafficking/Child Abuse, psychology-related
- How bored have all these questions made you?
They made me think, though I hate answering questions about myself
Questions I have:
- What inspires you to write/create?
- If there’s anything else you’d want to do in life, what would it be?
- Biggest fear?
- Where do you write/create? (notebook, computer, napkins, scraps of paper, etc)
- If you go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Favorite writer?
- Favorite book?
- What’s better- poetry, art, stories (fiction), or film?
- What’s your favorite topic to blog about?
- If you could go back in time to meet someone, who would it be?
- I can’t think of anything, so lucky you- you only have ten questions to answer!
Last but not least, facts about me……..
- I’ll be starting at Emerson College in the fall for Writing, Literature, and Publishing
- I love music- I currently play the flute and piano, and hope to learn the guitar and tabla one day
- Love to travel, anywhere and everywhere, but hate walking tours….
- Ironically, I hate planes aswell
- Love green and purple… hate pink with a passion
- I’d like to be an editor (in Publishing, not Journalism)
- If not publishing, I’d want to try my hand at becoming a pastry chef…
- Don’t like ships at all, though boats are tolerable
- scared of small heights- so no ladders, but bridges, roller coasters, etc, are all fine.
- I speak English, French and Hindi
- Autumn is my favorite season