They say that experience is what makes a great writer, and experience comes with age, though I have little of either. Still, I hope to become an editor one day, and on the way there, share my thoughts on books and some of my poetic musings.
Other things about me:
• I’m in my third year at Emerson College for Writing, Literature, and Publishing
• I spent a semester studying abroad in India with the SIT National Identity and the Arts Program
• I love music- I currently play the flute and piano, and hope to learn the guitar and tabla one day
• I love to travel, anywhere and everywhere
Some of my favorites: (there’s so many to choose from!)
• Poets: T.S. Eliot, Rabindranath Tagore, Melanie Siebert, and Sylvia Plath
• Authors: Arundhati Roy, Salman Rushdie, and M.G. Vassanji
• Books: The Bell Jar (Sylvia Plath), The Palace of Illusions (Chitra Banerjee Divakurani), Becoming Chloe (Catherine Ryan Hyde), The Assassin’s Song (M.G. Vassanji), The God of Small Things (Arundhati Roy)
Everything on this blog, unless otherwise credited, belongs to me; this includes the written content as well as the photos. Please ask before you use anything from this blog. Thanks!
NOTE: I’ve pretty much gave up on this blog once I realized that I like to sit on my poems for a lot longer than is practical to do so with a poetry blog. However, I do have two other blogs, one for my travels, and another for other articles/essays, so please check those out! My primary blog is the one with essays, as it acts as my portfolio.